Sunday, February 22, 2009

Poem About Poppies


Sometimes the things you love

about a person

are just the things you love

about another person you aren’t

supposed to love anymore.

Poppies aren’t tulips, but they grow here.

--Caroline



I travel to new places, I meet different people, and I am always searching for the ways my new encounters resemble those I have known and loved before. Why is that? Perhaps a personal issue that is not shared by others. Caroline leads me to believe otherwise. There are pines in Honduras just like those in Oregon. There are moments when I could be standing above the Grande Rhonde Valley...if it weren't for the banana leaves.

2 comments:

Lenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenny said...

I'm just going to say what everyone else is thinking... Those poppies look like nipples.